Vik Pawar is an accomplished trial lawyer and litigator who serves as of counsel to the Law Firm of Pawar Gilgallon & Rudy, LLC. Prior to joining our law office, Vik was an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Special Federal Litigation Division of the New York City Law Department. In that position, Vik handled hundreds of civil rights cases filed in federal courts and successfully defended the city in number of state and federal jury trials. Vik’s tenure at the Law Department has given him extensive experience in the area of federal litigation and 42 U.S.C. Section 1983. Vik also assists his friend Professor Martin A. Schwartz in updating his leading and most sought after treatise in the area of 42 U.S.C. Section 1983: Evidence, Fees and Litigation. Prior to working with the New York City Law Department, Vik was a law clerk in the Trial and Appellate Courts of New Jersey.
Vik concentrates his practice primarily in litigation, trials and appeals in the areas of criminal defense, civil rights and constitutional law, and commercial matters in federal court.
- Seton Hall University, Newark, New Jersey – J.D.
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey - B.A
- New Jersey
- New York
- California (ph)
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- Member, Association of Bar of NYC, Federal Legislation Committee
- Member, American Inn of Courts
CASES OF INTEREST:
- Represented a software company in copyright action in federal court and before the AAA and the Court of Appeals.
- Represented defendants in high profile civil rights actions that resulted in defense verdicts.
- Represented a bio-tech company in lawsuit against a competitor under the Lanham Act.
- Represented a media firm in an action under the Copyright Act that resulted in dismissal of the action against the media firm.
- Represented an employee against AIG and successfully obtained a favorable severance package.
- Represented a publishing company in a California action that resulted in a favorable decision for the company.
- Represented numerous plaintiff’s under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983 and obtained substantial settlement amount for the clients.
- Represented plaintiffs in a class action filed under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented plaintiff against Home Depot for violations of constitutional rights.
- Represented plaintiffs under 42 U.S.C. Section 1981 against private entities.