Vij Pawar is one of the founding members of Pawar Gilgallon & Rudy, LLC. His practice is concentrated on commercial matters, such as contract disputes, consumer protection and business litigation. Mr. Pawar specializes in advising businesses in all of their corporate and litigation needs and his goal is to provide aggressive legal advice and effective representation to all clients.
Prior to opening his own law firm, Mr. Pawar was associated with one of the biggest law firms in New Jersey, where his practice focused on commercial litigation and intellectual property matters. Mr. Pawar is also a former law clerk to The Honorable Jack L. Lintner, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division and is fluent in Hindi, the native language of India.
Mr. Pawar serves as General Counsel for Reliance MediaWorks USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Mediaworks, Ltd., a member of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group. As General Counsel, Mr. Pawar advices the Company on all legal matters and also manages litigation and legal issues that arise throughout the country. Mr. Pawar also serves as outside General Counsel to several small, medium and large companies.
On the public sector side, Mr. Pawar currently serves as the Director of Law and Town Attorney for Morristown, the County Seat of Morris County. Mr. Pawar previously served as the municipal prosecutor for Morristown. Mr. Pawar also serves as Special Litigation Counsel for other governmental agencies. In 2004, Mr. Pawar was appointed by Governor James E. McGreevey to the Board of Trustees of New Jersey City University and in 2010, he was re-appointed by Governor Chris Christie to serve another term. Mr. Pawar was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to the District XA Ethics Committee and is a past Trustee of the Morris County Bar Association and a current Trustee for the Morris County Bar Foundation. Mr. Pawar has been recognized as one of “New Jersey’s Rising Stars” by New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine and “Top Young Attorneys” as published in New Jersey Monthly for the years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Rutgers – School of Law, Camden , New Jersey – J.D.
- Virginia Wesleyan College, Virginia Beach, VA – B.A.
- University of College Cork, Cork , Ireland
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of New Jersey
- Southern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Morris County Bar Association (Member and Former Trustee)
- Trustee – Morris County Bar Foundation
- Former Chair - Morris County Bar Association, Minority Lawyers Committee
- Trustee - New Jersey City University
- Former Member - District XA Ethics Committee on Minority Affairs
- Parsippany Indian Association
- Former Law Clerk to Jack L. Lintner, J.A.D.
- Former Municipal Prosecutor
- Former Member of Morristown Zoning Board
- Dr. Reddy's Labs., Inc. v. Thompson, 302 F. Supp. 2d 340 (D.N.J. 2003) (on the brief)
- Pfizer, Inc. v. Dr. Reddy's Labs., Inc., et al ., 359 F.3d. 1361 (Fed. Cir. 2004) (on the brief)