Most people do not expect to need a criminal defense lawyer. For that very reason, it is crucial to entrust your case to attorneys who understand every stage of criminal investigations and prosecutions conducted by federal and state authorities.
The potential loss of personal freedom from a criminal accusation requires an aggressive defense. You need to count on someone with the experience and knowledge to guide you.
Our office has extensive experience handling all types of misdemeanor and felony offenses, ranging from petty theft and DWI to complex frauds and violent crimes. Most importantly, we have a track record for winning cases and negotiating favorable plea bargains that serve the client’s best interest.
As soon as you come into contact with the legal system, you need IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. Prompt assistance can mean the difference between keeping or losing your personal freedom.
Your Rights Regarding Criminal Law
For all cases in the Criminal Courts of New Jersey, you have the following rights:
- You have a right to a speedy and public trial.
- You have a right not to be convicted unless the State can prove each and every element of the offense with which you are charged.
- You have the right to confront witnesses against you in person.
- You may present evidence in your own behalf and you may testify on your own behalf, but only if you choose to do so.
- You have additional rights to protection from unreasonable searches and seizures of your person, your home, your possessions and papers, and of your automobile.
- If evidence against you has been obtained in violation of these rights, upon proper motion, that evidence will not be admitted.
- And, most importantly, you have a right to a lawyer to represent you.